In the midst of preparing the ingredients for my scrambled eggs and sausages, I realised that there was no bread left at home. Being too lazy to drive out to the nearest shop to buy some, I proceeded to cook breakfast anyways.
I used to get easily bored eating eggs and sausages. Because they were cooked plain and served with what Malaysians generally are used to - chili sauce. As I grow up and started to cook my own scrambled eggs, I notice how I add a variety of other ingredients, from fresh herbs to tomatoes, mushrooms, pepperoni, etc.
So now cooking scrambled eggs have turned to become interesting. Along with sausages which I marinate in different ways each time. The breakfast itself becomes something to look forward to in addition of being naturally easy to cook.
:: Breakfast for One ::
for scrambled eggs
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
pinch of salt
dash of fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon low fat milk
1/2 small green onion, chopped
1/3 big red tomato, chopped
little bit of enoki mushrooms
a few drops of honey
1 tablespoon HP sauce
1. To make scrambled eggs, beat an egg in a small bowl and add everything in except enoki mushrooms.
2. Heat up the pan and scramble the eggs, adding the enoki mushroom halfway. Cook until it is done.
3. Add some olive oil and fry the sausages. Pour a few drops of honey on the sausages and cook the sausage.
4. When almost done, add in the HP sauce and just keep turning the sausages until sauce gets sticky on the sausage.
5. Serve on a plate with scrambled eggs.
The HP sauce that is cooked with the sausages makes it taste so good. So it is a twist to the normal routine of having plain sausages and eating it with chili sauce. I do however enjoy having some chili sauce with the scrambled eggs! :-) Just too bad there is no bread to enjoy it with...