Adapted from The Australian Womens Weekly "The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits", and modified by myself.
:: Recipe ::
125g butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
150g chocolate chips (semi sweet)
60g chocolate rice
60g walnut pieces, chopped
1. Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
2. Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
3. Mix in sifted flour and salt
4. Add chocolate rice, chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, mix well.
5. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls,
6. Place on lightly greased oven trays, allow room for spreading.
7. Bake in moderate oven 10 to 12 minutes.
A very chocolaty recipe. The best time to eat these are right after they have cooled down from the oven.