Don't these delicious cuties reminds you of Yong Tau Fu? Yes they do! Only thing is, we stuff minced chicken instead of fish paste. When you feel too lazy to cook up a few dishes to have that balanced diet, always try to have a meat+vege stir fry, they're easy, fuss-free, and tastes good with a simple dash of soy sauce, pepper, or sweet n sour sauce.
:: Stuffed Tofu with Chicken Soy-Fry ::
2 large tofu
1 cup finely minced chicken(you can marinate with a little bit of salt & pepper)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
a dash of salt & pepper
1/4 red onion, chopped
for garnishing - chopped coriander/carrots/scallions (your choice!)
1. Cut each tofu in 4, make a slit in the middle of each 4 of them.
2. Stuff about 1 tablespoonfuls of minced chicken in the tofus. Do this for all remaining tofus.
3. Heat up a medium frying pan with some oil. Fry the tofus on each side until half-cooked.
4. Add in the chopped onions & fry until soften.
5. Pour in water, soy sauce, oyster sauce and gently stir to combine. This will also further cook the stuffed tofu.
6. Don't forget the salt & pepper to taste.
7. Transfer to a nice favourite serving bowl of yours. Garnish with some carrots/herbs.
8. Smile, get hungry, and eat with some rice or, just on it's own!